The new US ambassador to the Philippines, Philip Goldberg says, the Philippines and the United States are now working out the finer points of the framework agreement on the increased rotational presence of US troops here. But he again stresses, the agreement will not involve establishing new US bases in the Philippines.
- Sevilla to continue reform program started by Biazon
- DOLE employees granted P10,000 anniversary bonus
- Aquino orders review of possible use of Malampaya Funds to cushion impact of rising power rates, fuel …
Malacanang is looking into the possibility of providing subsidy to the public transport sector amid the rising cost of fuel and the impending power rate hike. President Aquino has tasked government agencies led by Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla and Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima to look into the possibility of utilizing the Malampaya Funds to help cushion the impact of the rising fuel and electricity prices.
- Aquino hopes power-sharing agreement will speed up signing of GPH-MILF peace deal
President Noynoy Aquino is hopeful the signing of the power sharing annex between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front will speed up the process of creating a Bangsamoro entity in Mindanao. The annex was signed last night in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which will guide the delineation and sharing of power between the central government and the Bangsamoro government.
- Talkback: Women stepping up
- Safer commute with 'Pasahero' app
There's a new mobile app for filipino commuters. The 'Pasahero App' can map, broadcast, and even record a trip for safety purposes. It can also alert a user's family or friends if there's any danger encountered while on the road. This was developed by ABS-CBN Digital Media Division and powered by ABS-CBNNews.com.
- UN World Food Programme holds Reddit AMA
- U.P. cuts back on Christmas activities to benefit 'Yolanda' survivors
An annual tradition, the UP lantern parade provides a venue for various colleges and UP organizations to come up with creative floats and presentations reflecting UP's colorful student life and timely social and political issues. UP Diliman will hold the lantern parade on December 18, but in line with the tragic events in Eastern Visayas, Christmas festivities this year are scaled down. To tell us more about this, we're joined by Director Maureen Anne Araneta of UP Diliman's Information Office and the Go
MOST POPULAR ON ANC
- EXCLUSIVE: Jordanian journalist says he escaped from Abu Sayyaf
- Goldberg: US "not concerned" with how PH is using Yolanda aid
- NHA releases P388 M housing aid for quake-hit Bohol
Around 73,000 houses were damaged when a magnitude 7.2 quake struck Bohol last October.
- Leviste, 34 others granted parole
- DOJ to look into Miriam's allegations vs. Enrile
- DOE to investigate possible collusion among power generators
- Henares thumbs down bill to raise tax exemptions for bonuses
- Misuari now out of PH, says MNLF spokesperson
- More sex-for-flight victims face off with alleged perpetrators
- PAF to probe Leyte chopper crash