Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said the Department of Justice filed a case before the Makati City Regional Trial Court for serious illegal detention of Luy last December. The case was raffled off to Branch 150 of Judge Elmo Alameda who issued the warrant.
De Lima told ABS-CBN that no bail was recommended by the court. But she clarified that no one has been charged yet for the pork barrel scam.
Agents of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) are looking for Napoles to serve the warrant.
She said she instructed the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to immediately secure a copy of the warrant so that it can be served.
De Lima earlier clarified no one has been charged yet for the pork barrel scam, wherein Napoles has also been tagged.
"We are committed to continue with investigation into the pork barrel scam (and) Malampaya fund scam," she told ANC on Wednesday night.
ABS-CBN's Francis Faulve said Wednesday night that at least 4 NBI teams are searching for Napoles and her brother. Once the arrest warrant is served to Napoles, she will be detained at the NBI Custodial Center.
In August 5, De Lima ordered the Bureau of Immigration to put Napoles and her brother on its lookout list.
Meanwhile, NBI Spokesperson was reported as saying the hunt for Napoles now involves the whole bureau, with all provincial divisions on full alert and actively helping in the hunt for the businesswoman.
Luy a former employee of Napoles' JLN Group of Companies, accused Napoles and at least 3 others of detaining him against his will at a condominium unit in Taguig City from December 19, 2012 to March 22 of this year.
He claimed he was detained to prevent him from revealing the involvement of Napoles in the 2004 fertilizer fund scam.
Luy has claimed that Napoles set fake NGOs to get billions in pork barrel funds of lawmakers.
Napoles has denied the allegation, saying her wealth was legitimately acquired. She also said Luy volunteered to go on a retreat at the time he was allegedly being detained against his will.
Luy's lawyer Levito Baligod said more witnesses are set to come out to support Luy's allegations. He added that the two new witnesses are also former employees of Napoles. The lawyer said he had already taken down the statements of the witnesses which details how Napoles funneled billions of pesos in pork barrel funds to fake NGOs.