CDO blast death toll climbs to 8

The death toll from the Cagayan De Oro City blast on Friday night has now climbed to eight.

Dr. Marciano Jun Agustin died at 6:15 am today while admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of the Poly-Medic Plaza.
 
Unilab Philippines employee Reynaldo Dalupan also died Sunday night.

The number of injuries from the blast has risen to 48 but most have already been released from the hospital.

The blast ripped through a restaurant in the Limketkai mall in the city Friday night.

President Aquino has ordered a thorough investigation into the bombing.

Palace Deputy Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the president wants proper procedures in the investigation to be followed. 

There are speculations that the attack was meant to derail the peace talks between the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and the government but Valte said they would leave the matter to the investigators.

Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas said a full-blown investigation is ongoing on the Cagayan De Oro bombing with police from Camp Crame helping local investigators.

The military and police were placed on heightened alert as a result of the attack

Meanwhile, Cagayan De Oro Mayor Oscar Moreno said they had a conference with the police, city officials, and stakeholders and conducted a re-enactment of the scene.

“There have been good leads already, but I’m afraid I’m not at liberty this time to discuss them in public, given that we don’t want to undermine or set-back the gains so far achieved by our investigators,” he said in an interview with ANC.

The local government of Cagayan De Oro has extended assistance to those who were injured in the blast.

For more of Headstart, click here.

ANC RECOMMENDS

MOST POPULAR ON ANC