"Naghahanap rin po ako ng katarungan, kahit sino pa ang tamaan."
This was what Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. said in the opening salvo of his privilege speech on Monday, Jan. 20, when he addressed his alleged involvement in the multi-billion peso pork barrel scam. He explained, "Utang ko sa 16 milyon na bumoto sakin noong 2004 at halos 20 milyon na bumoto sakin nung 2010 na marinig ang aking sagot."
Revilla went on to question the integrity of the whistleblowers who claimed that he was involved in the pork barrel scam. "For the record, I have nothing to do with this scam, with those whistleblowers nor Janet Lim Napoles. I have no dealings nor transactions with them," he stated.
Through a PowerPoint presentation, Revilla then showed a specimen of his signature and compared it to the signatures on the documents which Benhur Luy had alleged were used in the anomalous transactions. He even referred to Luy as "Boy Pirma," implying that his signature may have been faked by the latter.
Revilla likewise slammed the government for taking Luy's side. "Ano po ang ginawa nila? Ora-orada nilang ginawang state witness itong mga jukebox king and queen na si Boy Pirma at ang kanyang mga alipores. Kahit ano ay kanilang kinakanta ayon sa kagustuhan sa naghulog ng pera kapalit ang pangakong hindi sila makakasuhan," he said.
Revilla went on to say, "Kung humahaba lang ang ilong ni Luy habang nagsisinungaling siya, malamang umabot na ang ilong niya mula Senado hanggang Malacañang. Akala mo totoo, pero napaka-sinungaling talaga. Hindi ko naging chief of staff si Atty. Richard Cambe. Get your facts straight."
Revilla then turned his attention to the administration, saying that it's singling out people like him who might be "tinik sa lalamunan nila sa 2016." In fact, one recurring slide in his presentation bore the words, "Ito ba ang daang matuwid?"
"Ang lahat ng ito'y isang palabas lamang ng isang gobyernong bigong maglingkod nang totohanan sa publiko na nagkukunwaring may malasakit gamit ang propagandang 'tuwid na daan,'" he said. Revilla also mocked the allegations that there was a "truckload" of evidence against him by bringing in a toy truck which was loaded with a stack of documents.
Revilla—along with Sens. Jinggoy Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile—is among 71 respondents in the Justice department's plunder and malversation of public funds cases before the Ombudsman in relation to the scam, wherein lawmakers' Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) were purportedly funneled to bogus non-government organizations involved in ghost projects.
Revilla, Estrada, and Enrile are being charged with plunder for allegedly getting multi-million peso kickbacks from the scam's alleged operator Janet Lim Napoles.
The Supreme Court (SC) last year declared lawmakers' PDAF unconstitutional.